Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 8

Day 08- Short term goals for this month and why

Short term goals for the month....this is kind of tough for me. It really shouldn't be, but this month I didn't really set any specific goals which makes it hard to answer this question. I did say that I was going to work harder on my weight loss journey, but in all honesty I haven't acheived that goal. I started getting my eating back on track and do well in the morning and at lunch for the most part, but I fall apart in the evening. Once I get home with the kids from the sitter and they are in the snack cabinet right away, it gets me in the snack cabinet too. Then I'm not all that hungry for supper because I overindulged on snacks when I got home, but I still feel I need some nutritional food, so I eat supper anyways and before you know it I feel miserable. This is a terrible cycle and I really need to get myself out of this funk. To help get myself back on track I am going to set some specific short term goals for the rest of the month:

1. Drink at least 64 oz of water a day
2. Buy snack foods for the kids that I don't care for and store them by my healthier snacks so its easy to make better choices
3. Throw away any of the kids uneaten snacks instead of feeling like I should finish them myself.

I know there isn't much of the month left, but I think these are good goals to get me started. Then hopefully I can kick butt in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment